Joint Working with Newark and Sherwood Clinical Commissioning Group
Executive Summary of the Joint Working Agreement between Teva UK Limited and Newark and Sherwood Clinical Commissioning Group (NSCCG) to support Education and Training for Spirometry as part of the PANNASH COPD Project
The project is called PANNASH (Pulmonary Advancement Network for Newark and Sherwood), which aims to enhance care for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in Newark and Sherwood.
Teva UK Limited will be responsible for providing spirometry training and education for healthcare professionals within member practices of Newark and Sherwood CCG.
The training will be implemented by a nurse manager and a nurse trainer from The IMPACT service, (Improving the Management of patients asthma and COPD treatment), and is sponsored by Teva UK Limited and delivered by National Services for Health Improvement, (NSHI).
Expected benefits for patients:
- Patients will benefit from the training as their COPD will be correctly diagnosed, as their healthcare professionals will have greater understanding of spirometry.
Expected benefits for the NHS include:
- The NHS will benefit from this training as more patients within the Clinical Commissioning Group will be accurately diagnosed and thus are more likely to receive the most appropriate management.
Benefits for Teva UK Limited include:
- Experience and relationships gained from working with the Newark and Sherwood Clinical Commissioning Group, (and other appropriate stakeholders), in order to help shape members of the steering group and deliver the project via Teva UK Limited.
In addition Teva UK Limited can be seen as a credible supporter of the Clinical Commissioning Group strategy and can demonstrate value to Newark and Sherwood CCG.
For further information please contact:
- Jan Balmer, Programme Manager Long Term Conditions and Integrated Care, Newark & Sherwood NHS Clinical Commissioning Group Tel: 07734 296846, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Smith, Director, NHS Strategy, Teva UK Limited.
Tel: 07767 298851 Email: email@example.com